B&R Enclosures supply a range of enclosures that use different plastics and are suitable for a variety of different applications.
For more information on which type of material to choose, please see our pages on chemical resistance (pdf) and plastic flammability.
Materials used in B&R Enclosure’s range include: –
- Noryl – Noryl is a blend of polyphenylene oxide (PPO) and polystyrene (PS) that was developed by General Electric Plastics in 1966. It has good electrical resistance and is widely used for electrical enclosures
- Polyester – Polyester is a category of polymers which contain the ester functional group in their main chain. Although there are many polyesters, the term “polyester” as a specific material most commonly refers to polyethylene terephthalate (PET).
- GRP/Polyamide – A polyamide is a polymer containing monomers of amides joined by peptide bonds. They can occur both naturally, examples being proteins, such as wool and silk, and can be made artificially through step-growth polymerization, examples being nylons, aramids, and sodium poly (aspartate).
- Glass filled polyester – As detailed for polyester above, but with additional glass fibres for strength and rigidity at larger sizes.
Our enclosure materials are as follows:
- Polynova PJ – Noryl
- Polynova PS – Polyester
- Polynova PC – GRP/Polyamide
- Polynova PM – Noryl
- Polynova PN – Polyester
- Polynova PD – Glass filled polyester
For more information on how to select the best material for your application see the links above.
The Polynova PC series is a range of IP66 modular thermoplastic, general purpose enclosures. They are available in 19 sizes and have a wide variety of accessories to suit almost any application.
The Polynova PD series is a range of IP65 general purpose enclosures with a hinged door, available in 6 sizes. Manufactured from a non-metallic material (GRP) the PD is available with a wide variety of accessories.
Polynova PJ from B&R is a range of IP55 modular plastic enclosures or adaptable boxes designed to house terminations and electrical components.
Polynova PM is an IP65 modular plastic enclosure which has been designed for use as individual enclosure or to be arranged in combinations to form complete distribution banks.
The Polynova PN range is a hinged IP66, plastic enclosure system, with an easy to use latch assembly. It is available in 12 different sizes with opaque and transparent lids.
The Polynova PS range, is an IP66 high performance enclosure system that is suitable for indoor and outdoor applications including use in full sunlight. There are 24 different sizes with the choice of opaque or transparent lids.